Monday, August 01, 2011

Little League Softball World Series 2011: Here We Go!

August 1st, 2011, is finally here.  This is the day I traditionally fire up the blog and Twitter accounts to start reporting on the Little League Softball World Series, here in Portland, Oregon.

Who am I? I am a local Little League President, former LL softball player, coach and umpire.  I am a huge fan of the Little League Softball World Series and of Alpenrose Stadium (more on Alpenrose later).

I am looking forward to this year's tournament for a very special reason: my local softball program is competing as the Host/Oregon District 4 team!  I cheer for all the teams, but will have a soft spot in my heart for Willow Creek Softball Little League :)

Good luck to all the players, coaches, parents, umpires, volunteers and fans...together you make up a most unique festival of softball, of Little League, of true sportsmanship, and of celebrating the girls, who join us from all over the world!

No comments: